The Holliston Agricultural Commission is proud to sponsor a community garden project. After a successful first year program in 2009 and continued growth in 2010-2013, many major improvements were accomplished in 2014. A new fence was installed, along with a patio, benches, a tool shed, a plot for the commission to raise buttefly plants and 10 additional new plots. There is now a total of 32 plots (10x10') available for public use! Through the efforts of the Holliston Agricultural Commission and members of the Holliston Garden Club and Holliston Blooms we were able to accomplish a lot this year. The Holliston Agricultural Commission manages the community garden along with the many gardeners who lease their plots for the season.
All of this is located on a parcel of land that is part of the beautiful Pinecrest Golf Course grounds. Each plot is ready for planting by April 1st. Each participant is responsible for supplying their own tools, fertilizer, seeds, plants, and labor to maintain their plot.
Community Garden Guidelines
As a participant in the Holliston Community Garden you agree to the following:
- I will pay a membership fee of $50 for the season (April to November)
- I will have my plot planted by June 15th (started) and keep it planted all summer long
- If I must abandon my plot for any reason, I will notify the Holliston Agricultural Commission
- I will keep weeds at a minimum and maintain the areas immediately surrounding my plot, including the walkways.
- If my plot becomes unkempt, I will be given 1 week's notice to clean it up
- I will keep trash and litter out of the plot, as well as from adjacent pathways and fence areas, compost area, and general around surrounding the gardens
- I will participate in the spring and fall cleanup of the garden
- I will not plant tall crops where they will shade neighboring plots
- I will pick only my own crops unless given permission by another plot user
- I will not use pesticides, insecticides, herbicides or fungicides in the Community Garden. I will only use organic methods
- I agree to volunteer hours toward community gardening efforts if needed
- I will not bring pets to the garden
2017: Community Garden currently has vacancy